Monday 21 November 2011

Existing products – Trailers

I researched on various different trailers from as many types of genres I could find to get a more detailed insight on how a trailer of a film is produced. I looked at both A-level made trailers and those which have been made to actually air on television. These helped me in more ways than one as it showed to me which genre I would personally find easier to create and how I would go about creating it. Whilst researching up on this, I found different directors which produce the trailers use different kinds of techniques for each genre so that they can catch the audience’s attention however in various parts these techniques overlap. This helped me as I was able to see how they are produced by professional film makers and how can u use those techniques putting my trailer together.
I looked up on the A-level media trailers because I wanted to see how other students in the same position as me have been able to produce their trailers. I’ve been looking up on what kinds of techniques they are using such as the different camera angles, the kind of music/sounds they are using, any other sort of effects they have put in. This is because I will be able to use this information to my advantage as I can put all these different types of factors into my filming/editing process which will allow me to produce the trailer to the best of my ability.
Whilst doing this, I found that A-level students who have produced trailers have opted to go for the horror based genre and the professionals have produced trailers for all the genres there are.  
I also compared the trailers that were made by A-level students and those who were produced by professional film directors.

No comments:

Post a Comment